Dynasolve CU-7 is a safer solvent used for removing polyimide coatings. It is used extensively in the fiber optics industry. Dynasolve CU-7 is a high flash point, proprietary solvent system designed to remove polyimide coatings from various substrates. The product is a non-chlorinated, non-carcinogenic, non-ozone depleting solvent. Dynasolve CU-7 can be used for extended periods without decomposition.
- Removal of polyimide coatings from fiber optics.
- Removal of polyimide coatings from semiconductor wafers.
- Removal of polyimide coatings from advanced composites and various metals.
Directions for use:
- Immerse material with polyimide coating into a glass or metal container, preferably stainless steel.
- Heat for 10 minutes - 2 hours at 180 - 380°F. Polyimide films can differ greatly in both composition and degree of curing and therefore a very broad parameter recommendation is required.
- Use of ultrasonic cleaners or mechanical mixing of the solvent will speed up the removal rate.
- The solvent works by breaking the bond between the polyimide and the substrate premiting removal of the polyimide as a film.
- Rinse substrate with alcohol or water and dry.
Caution and Warnings:
Dynasolve CU-7 contains powerful organic solvents. It is harmful if inhaled or swallowed. Avoid breathing vapors or mist. Keep away from heat and flame. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wear gloves, safety goggles, and protective clothing when handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Refer to MSDS before use, for disposal, or additional safe handling.
Color: Water White
Specific Gravity: 1.03
Boiling Point: >392°F
Flash Point: 204°F (Lowest flashing component)
1 Litre Bottle
1 Gallon Bottle