PETRONAS Syntium 7000 Hybrid 0W-16
PETRONAS Syntium 7000 Hybrid 0W-16 is a fully synthetic lubricant formulated with °CoolTech+™ at the cutting edge of our fluid technology. Our technology effectively reduces friction between moving parts to reduce the heat generated, offering enhanced wear protection and optimum engine efficiency for the full drain interval and delivering optimal performance with lower fuel consumption and emissions.
Constantly switching between internal combustion engine (ICE) and electrical power unit places greater stresses and demands on the engine of a hybrid car. If an engine is constantly stopping and starting in this way, the friction between the engine part increases, which causes excessive heat generation that leads to higher fuel consumption and emissions, increased wear and risk of engine failure. Hybrid vehicles therefore require dedicated lubricants with high wear protection features.
PETRONAS Syntium 7000 Hybrid 0W-16 is a dedicated and suitable for petrol-electric hybrid vehicle. It is formulated to provide protection against low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) for turbo charged direct injection gasoline powered vehicles and meets the latest API SP specification.
- Ultimate heat management capability to protect the engine from damaging heat and provide optimum lubrication at extremely low temperatures, to maximize engine efficiency and power output - reducing fuel consumption and emissions.
- Ultimate protection against bearing wear, especially under high load conditions that could lead to power loss and engine failure - ensuring maximum performance in hybrid vehicles.
- Ultimate lube capability to protect against premature wear in the valvetrain, providing vital defense against engine damage that would lead to deterioration in engine performance and increase in emissions.
- Ultimate capacity to retain optimum lubricant viscosity, with enhanced protection against timing chain elongation preventing serious engine failure.
- Ultimate resistance to engine sludge formation caused by oil degradation. Effectively controls the formation of sludge throughout the engine, ensuring every part of the engine performs at its maximum efficiency, maximizing power conversion and lowering emissions.
- Ultimate protection against LSPI events, to protect critical engine parts and avoid catastrophic engine failures.
Approvals, Specifications and Recommendations
- API SP
- ILSAC GF-6B
Note: Always consult your owner's manual to check for recommended viscosity grade and specifications for your specific vehicle.
Typical Physical Data
|Appearance||-||-||Bright & Clear|
|Density @ 15ºC||ASTM D 4052||g/cm3||0.8452
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100ºC||ASTM D 445||
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D 2270||-
|Flash Point COC||ASTM D 92||ºC||224
|Sulphated Ash||ASTM D 874||%||0.61
|TBN||ASTM D 2896||mgKOH/g||7.24
|CCS at -35ºC||ASTM D 5293||mPa-s||4523
|Pour Point||ASTM D 97||-ºC||-42
5 Litres Bottle