PETRONAS Tutela Brake Fluid Top 4/S
PETRONAS TUTELA brake fluids, power steering fluids and TUTELA LHM are inseparable operational fluids in the automotive industry. Brake and clutch fluid is heat resistant fluid which must not contain any water in order to protect internal brake parts from corrosion and chemically not change its properties at temperature changes. High quality brake fluid is particularly important for safe driving, because brake discs, brake calipers, brake pads and brake fluid can reach the temperature over 400 °C when stopping the car.
In most cases cars are operated with DOT 3 brake and clutch fluid. Chemically developed DOT 3 brake fluid is similar to DOT 4 brake fluid. The only difference between them is that the DOT 4 has higher boiling point and lower water absorption.
DOT 5 brake fluid composition is completely different that DOT 3, DOT 4 or even DOT 5.1 brake fluid. DOT 5 brake fluid is silicone-based and therefore it cannot be mixed with above-mentioned DOT 3, DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 brake fluids.
Brake fluid is necessary part and material of brake components that transmits the braking effect from the brake pedal to wheels, therefore the lack of brake fluid can reduce the braking efficiency and, in some cases, the lack of brake fluid can be the reason why car brakes are completely gone.
Brake fluid boiling point is classified into “dry” boiling point (EBRD) that contains no water and “wet” boiling point (WERBP) that contains 3.5% water.
Tutela Brake Fluid Top 4/S is synthetic-based brake fluid for hydraulic disc and drum brake systems and servo circuits in cars, commercial vehicles, scooters and motorcycles (wherever a brake fluid with the specification NHTSA 116 DOT 4 is recommended by the manufacturer).
Brake fluid based on glycolethers and boric esters for special and heavy duty applications.
Tutela TOP 4 can be used for vehicles of all makes, types and performance levels.
- High boiling point (+ 270 °C) prevents the "vapor lock" effect (presence of water bubbles in the brake circuit)
- Wet boiling point at 180 °C
- Low freezing point for use at low temperatures (down to -40 ° C)
- Excellent protection of the metallic and other components of the brake circuit against corrosion, rust and oxidation (including cadmium and zinc)
- Compatibility with rubber and seals, so that swelling or softening of the rubber or plastic parts is prevented
- High chemical stability in order to guarantee the product properties consistently even under high thermal stress
1 Litre Bottle